Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pretty Much Over

WOOHOO! Finally! After an exhausting weekend and almost making myself too sick to even make it into work, school is officially over! However, I still have to get quite a few things cleaned up before I can truly call it quits for the summer. So basically, I will be returning to the school for probably a couple more weeks until I can finish. It will be nice to work without constant disruption, though! I gots to remember my mp3 player; it gets pretty boring.

Wish me luck for this weekend: the Children's Hospital 8k race will be early Saturday. Let's see if I can finish under an hour. My last race (about 3 months ago) was the Shamrock 8k and I finished that one just over an hour. I finished that race with 2 hurt ankles and a knee that doesn't like the cold mixed with strenuous exercise giving me tons of pain with every step I took. If I can finish that race in pain and just over an hour, I should be able to finish this one under and hour with minimal pain. *wish I hadn't hurt my back* If I really want to challenge myself and don't care about the consequences later, I could try and pace with my older sister! That might be wishful thinking though! ;0P

Guess I should make a special request: play the "rain song" early Saturday! Hopefully rain will keep temperatures down.

No comments:

Post a Comment