Monday, June 15, 2009

Race and Training Update

I'm a little late on the post but I thought I'd post anyways:

Saturday's Children's Hospital 8k run was terrible. I was not prepared for the humidity as well as the heat. Since the course was predominantly neighborhood and the like, no air seemed to circulate unless you were running faster than my pace.

However, despite the challenge I finished the race with a not so nice time of 1:01:27 according to my watch, and 1:01:41 according to chip time. I am one minute slower than the Shamrock 8k. :[ boo. If I hadn't walked those few minutes, I probably would have been under the hour. Oh well. I'll have to train harder so that my back won't be so sore from breathing so hard when the weather is thick.

Although I had run a race Saturday, I maintained my training schedule and took a trip out to the hills completing my usual 1 loop easy workout: approximately 3 miles at 00:32:34 concluding with an hour bo workout. The bo workout turned out to be more of stretching than too much of bo training.

No comments:

Post a Comment