Thursday, July 16, 2009

LSD Time!

hmm...that's the second time this week I closed my eyes to rest and wake up in a strange bed and a man next to me ;P

I think I need to start paying attention to where I fall asleep!

Enough of that, now for the really great news, Chesapeake Training Update:

Yesterday, I broke all boundaries once more and ran my farthest distance and longest time.

- [4 laps] 3-mile split: 00:31:43
- [8 laps] 6-mile split: 01:06:41
- [12 laps] 9-mile final time: 01:42:05!! YAY!

Immediately following was martial arts training beginning with two sets of "adjusted" crunches: 10 regular, 10 right side obliques, 10 left side obliques. I need to up those numbers; my abs need more of a workout despite being sore.

Also, did something to my right shoulder (possibly, pulled a muscle) when trying to complete 15 regular push-ups. Now my right arm is dead to certain activities. Might have to pay the doc a visit; pain doesn't seem to subside even with discontinued use.

What also makes yesterday's training just absolutely wonderful: I picked up another training partner and my original Chesapeake training partner is making progress as well!

I'll probably continue with doing only 9 miles until I can get my time down to approximately 01:36:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment