Monday, July 6, 2009

More LSD...

That was so much fun! I really didn't think I would manage anything more than maybe 3 miles; however, that was not to be the case:

Today's training update consisted of 9 laps (which is approximately 6 and 3/4 miles)!! WOOHOO! Slowly but, surely I will be able to do 8 miles no problem! I can't wait. The last laps were paced at 8 minutes. That was a pain but well worth the effort. All together is 1:14:43. The 3 mile split is 00:33. I really wanted to do the last 10th lap that I've been saying I would do but have failed over the past couple weeks since Chesapeake training had started. Unfortunately, time moved faster than I.

My training partner has introduced me to some different crunches that should force me to lose some of the inches I've been desperately trying to shed.

Self-defense martial arts training immediately followed the run. My legs felt like jello, but I felt extraordinarily good.

Much of this is a surprise considering my weekend was spent with my cousin, her twins, my aunts and uncle, and two ginormous dogs! I am totally allergic to the dogs. For some odd reason I thought the dogs would not be around all the time, oh well, that's what I get for thinking. After the run, my throat felt it was on fire and I couldn't seem to catch my breath. I think I need to hack-up a hairball!!

1 comment:

  1. Your training seems to be coming along quite well! Looking forward to Friday, just lose the hairball before then. I get enough already.

    ReplyDelete