Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Counting Down the Days

Summer vacation is banging down my door! I have been ready to let it in at any moment, but others keep getting in my way. Today is usually one of my slower days - meaning, I have fewer classes and am free to literally run throughout the school and complete much of the tasks I was unable to complete from other days. However, today was like any other: class, run an errand, class, run an errand, class, run a bunch of errands, class. The only difference is that I was able to fit in a quick doctor's visit, set up another appointment, then, during a rapid lunch, quietly wallow in self pity because of the prospect of surgery again.

As soon as lunch was over so was the wallowing - back to work. I love getting an assignment that requires the cooperation of twelve teachers and the students just two days in advance.

Which brings me to today's Training Update. I briskly walked approximately 2 miles through the hallways at school. Granted, it helped loosen my legs which were pretty tight from the stretching and the workout from yesterday's "physical therapy". However, I feel tomorrow's forecast might very well be pain, creeping in at every movement and light sprinkles of calf-muscle-cramping to set the atmosphere just right.

Now that I have a moment to relax, I came across the following quote in one of the blogs I follow. It made me think about my marketing techniques I use for myself as well as the techniques I use for others.

From Lewis Hyde’s book, ‘The gift, Imagination and the erotic life of property’:

A work of art is a gift, not a commodity…Every modern artist who has chosen to labor with a gift must sooner or later wonder how he or she is to survive in a society dominated by market exchange .

No comments:

Post a Comment