Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Decisions, decisions...

Yesterday I received a letter requesting my presence (in Tennessee) to receive an award I had been nominated for and will receive. Supposedly this is a pretty big deal. So instead of simply turnig it down, I feel like I should accept rather than insult those who want to give it to me as well as the person who nominated me. Here's the conflict; I really haven't the funds (but I could probably scrape that up) and, I don't really travel all that well by myself.

Alright, weighing the pros against the cons: 2 against 1 in favor of the cons.... The question remains: is the award, and the people that go along with it, worth the trouble of finacial strains and physical weaknesses? I want to say 'yes," since I have been told this is a once in a lifetime achievement...

No comments:

Post a Comment