Saturday, May 2, 2009

X-Men Origins Wolverine Review

Alright, Friday was busy as usual having back-to-back classes without pause. Wait, I lied. I did have a moment during fourth period to read some funnies online.During first period, I had a visit from a college friend just stopping by to say hi before the military ships him off mid-May. That was a nice surprise. When not busy with class, I had to set-up the "ideal" for tonight's event. Yay, me; I made the "ideal" possible!

After school I could have fallen over from exhaustion, but found out this new X-Men movie opened yesterday. Knowing I would be pretty busy the remainder of the weekend and I just couldn't wait a whole week to see the movie, I starved just a little longer, stapled my eyelids open, and drove to the theater. The movie was worth the small sacrifices of splurging ;P

Here is my review:

Excellent movie. It was fun, had interesting twists, and believable character personalities. There were very few definitely predictable events within the plot moving the story slow enough for interpretation but quick enough to maintain interest. Some of the effects could have been blended a little better to keep the "realism" of the setting, especially Wolverine's "claws" - this became increasingly distracting. All in all, the pacing was sufficient, characters came alive, and the movie satisfied my interest as well as entertained my senses. A fun adventure to free yourself from the everyday mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment