Sunday, May 17, 2009

To Be a Slacker, Or Not To Be a Slacker...?

TO BE A SLACKER!

Alright, this past weekend came and went like the passing of gas! Because of Friday and Saturday's adventures this week's Training Update has been zilch! I seriously considered running at "o" dark hundred hours this morning; however, when my sister called, asking "Do you want to run?" I could only reply, "Not really. Too tired." So I rolled over and slumbered for another four or five more hours. I finally feel a little rested considering I just completed approximately 12 hours of sleep.

But I wouldn't say this whole week was a bust from training. Earlier in the week, I actually "did" have some energy. Running 15 laps up and down approximately 10 stairs was relatively easy as well as the 15 push-ups/crunches ladder. Although, the ladder was a bit harsh; my abs are still a little sore from that Thursday night "physical therapy". Come to think of it, I haven't done 120 push-ups and crunches (all at one time) in a while. That reminds me, I'll have to post a picture of my black eye I received Tuesday night at "physical therapy". It's getting nice and dark. If only I ran into that fist with my other eye creating a symmetrical effect...

Alright now for a review: Angels and Demons

If you liked The DaVinci Code, you most definitely would like Angels and Demons. I skimmed through both Dan Brown's novels but did not read thoroughly. I scanned to simply get the "gist" of all the commotion with the church. Despite what the church might say or do, this movie is well worth the watch. Yes, it is a long movie: over two hours. But length most certainly did not slow the pace.

The opening monologue transition into the action was alarmingly pleasant. The story itself proved enlighteningly educational as well as entertaining. Tom Hanks and the leading lady (I'm too lazy to look up her name), worked exceptionally well together. I enjoyed how their relationship was a distant friendship made "real" through common experiences; they had a very believable relationship. This is different from the DaVinci Code where Tom Hanks and the leading lady seemed to grow closer together, but had to remain apart - almost as though they were supposed to become closer but the story didn't allow it to happen. It seemed to bother me.

One major downfall that almost literary made me mirror said description, is the camera movement. Because of my personal inabilities, I am sensitive to camera movement in addition to camera angling. After watching such a fun adventure with unintentionally humorous moments, I left feeling weak, unstable, and simply down right sick. When going to the movies, it's pretty cool to feel like you are actually a part of the action and the world in front of you. However, I really enjoy a movie that can give me the impression of participating in a character's car chase without ever having to feel the heat of the imminent wreckage that most often occurs.

With that said, all in all: a wonderful adventure into the long debate between church and science. Mystery and intrigue drives the audience through mazes of fact and fiction, belief and un-belief, leaving our senses quickened and our perspectives broadened.

1 comment:

  1. "If only I ran into that fist with my other eye creating a symmetrical effect..."

    haha...we were talking about that at azteca on thursday. XD

    ReplyDelete